|As you can see, our church is moving forward in this new season of life for our church. On numerous fronts, we are connecting with new people, sharing the gospel, and helping our church family grow in faith and impact. Last Sunday's Momentum was fun and packed with exciting news as we build on the past and advance into the future.
Here are a few items of note…
New Fall – Spring Schedule
- Starting with our events around our Open House on September 25, 2022, we will be known as Island Church. Among other reasons, this will help people in our mission and ministry field immediately know (1) we are a church and (2) where we are located – Tierra Verde. Our new logo will make this abundantly clear.
- During our Island Church Open House, you will see several enhancements – refreshed look inside our building with furnishings and staging, enhanced signage outside our building, and various improvements to our electronic communications such as our website, app, and social media outlets.
- We are planning for additional activities after our 10:30 worship service for Open House that includes food and fun. Stay tuned for more details.
- Sunday, October 2, 2022, will be our Island Church Launch Sunday. This will involve inviting guests and the people in our ministry field to take a new look at our church and join us for worship and study for our new fall-spring schedule. We revealed and discussed these in Momentum last Sunday. After an extensive review of needs and options, this schedule best fit 5 priorities in light of our church and the location of our mission field.
- 8:45-9:40 Worship service (connection time after worship service)
- 10:00-10:40 Biblically based Spiritual Growth (name TBD) (connection time afterward)
- 11:00-12:00 Worship service with children’s ministry
As a church, we have been entrusted with the earthly and eternal message of hope in Christ. As we advance in this new season in the life of our church, there is much good ahead as we steward well what has been entrusted to us.
- Passages & Prayer
- These passages have insights for this new season in the life of our church – Philippians 2:1-5, Isaiah 43:18-19, Joshua 4:1-9.
- Heart attitude #1 – Put the goals and interests of others above my own.
- Several Island Life (small) Groups starting and restarting.
- Seeking Worship Team Members: A Worship leader and instrumentalists (possibly: keyboardist, guitar player, drummer). Call Stacey in our office if you have a person to suggest. Also seeking male vocalists.
- Expansion Team - efforts to build a new multi-purpose facility and an initial search for church-owned housing on TV or vicinity
- Island Church Open House Sept. 25 and Island Church Launch Oct. 2
- Community Connections - Several upcoming efforts to communicate with and invite Tierra Verde and the surrounding area to Christ and our church.
- Info Available: Financial statement and calendar of events